Home about ourhome projects services

1.24.2012

MY FAVORITE COLOR COMBO

A dash of a neutral, a nice cool soft blue and a lovely coral to warm things up - 
that's my favorite.  I am a big fan of mixing warm and cool colors together. 
I am starting on a new project and these colors are my inspiration for the room.  
I'll share the plan soon.  



In the meantime, here are a few rooms that encompass my favorite color combo. 










How do you feel about mixing warm and cool colors together?  
Seems like we are getting a taste of warm and cool here with our weather.  
Last Friday we had a bit of an ice storm and yesterday it was in the mid 50s.  
While I love to mix it up with color, when it comes to weather, I prefer to stick with warm!

14 comments:

  1. I love that color combo too! The photo with the coral lamps and banded curtains is in my files....looking forward to seeing your newest project in these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seems to be thinking about color. I love this combo. I'm getting ready to order some orange fabric for a home project.

    xo
    Amy R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those combos. So soothing but still cheerful. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would say that those are your "signature" colors and I love them mixed with large doses of white.... fresh and clean . Can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty colors, I'm loving the apple green that I see small doses of in pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful inspiration images! I never would have thought to put these colors togehter- but they work so flawlessly! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this color combo, Andrea, and have been incorporating it in one of the kids' rooms..fresh and modern and fun..you have found some great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a pretty color comination! Loving all the inspiration pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny how the colors are so close to the ones in our house growing up. I guess Mom's decor was more of a country blue and rust combo, and not quite as subtle with the rust colored shag carpet and floral wallpaper everywhere, but it reminds me of our house when we were little. Agree?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the one with the driftwood. So fresh and simple, yet still interesting. Beautiful combo! I don't think I could ever declare a favorite, but you've definitely picked a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed! I'm a smitten kitten for this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have several of these rooms already pinned because i'm thinking of this combo for my office. you gave me so much more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!