Home about ourhome projects services

2.23.2012

HER HAPPY PLACE

Decorating my daughter's room was definitely a labor of love for me.  
This room came together slowly and I posted about it along the way here, here, here and here.
How about an updated tour of the room.
  

 I recently purchased this green floral duvet cover (& 2 shams) at Ikea.  
Once I added it to the bed, the room seemed complete.
Ha, complete for now, anyway!


It was a mere $14.99 for the set.  I just couldn't pass it up. 


Here is the artwork painted by yours truly (back in high school) and the chalk drawn picture frame.


I purchased this vanity from the previous owners for $50 when we bought our house.
It doesn't get much use now, but I can foresee it being makeup central in a few short years.
I bought the stool at an antique shop, spray painted it cream and recovered the top.  


This area gets quite a bit of use.  
With two boys in the house, it's sometimes hard to find a quiet spot to do homework.  
This is my daughter's quiet spot.


This corner of the room also gets a ton of use.  
I sometimes even hide out in here, curl up on that super comfy chair and read (until I'm discovered). 


This chippy, rusty, old stool is my favorite piece in the room. 
And my husband thought it was junk when I brought it home. HA!


I also picked up the furry pillow at Target a few months ago.  
My daughter was over the moon when I surprised her with it. 


This paper flower wreath was an addition last May.  
I made a larger wreath for our front door and decided to add a small one in this room.


Here is her little adjoining bathroom.  
Again, having two brothers, this space is pretty darn important to her. 
I'm feeling the need to change it up a bit in here.  
Nothing drastic, just switch out the window treatment and add in some other color.


And you know I like to throw in some before pictures to make myself feel like 
we made the right decision when deciding to buy this house.  
These pictures were all taken the day we had the home inspection done. 




And since I can't quite leave you with those images, here's one more of my daughter's Happy Place!



29 comments:

  1. that green bedding could not fit in there any more perfectly! i love it! that room is just SO amazing- i love love love all the details, colors, ceiling.... a labor of love worth all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just perfect and I'll bet your daughter adores it! Love every little detail as well as seeing the before shots. What a transformation!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a dreamy space! Really makes me want to have a girl now:/ I'm loving that barely-there color on the walls and LOVE that you painted the ceiling a contrasting color. Beautiful! And what a lucky girl to have her own bathroom--I don't even have that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and pretty girl's room! I love her desk - from the color, to the size, to the functionality with that little side shelving area - perfect! And her bathroom is still one of my faves. You've done such a wonderful job - what a lucky girl to have a mom who appreciates her need for some girly space. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this room and remember you sharing it before but adding that green duvet is perfection! Such a soothing, happy place to be as a child, I love it! Thanks for sharing with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the bedding!! the pillows - all of it! so pretty. I also love that cute wreath you made : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I want that to be my happy place! If it were my daughter's room I'd sneak in there to hang out all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her room is so so beautiful! I love the color on the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her rooms is so pretty! Love the bedding....just beautiful :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! That does not even look like the same room! The ceiling even looks higher!! Well done , love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so cute. I love the pinks and greens against the white walls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the colors in this room, Andrea. And that fuzzy pillow is so fun...no wonder your girly was over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daughters room is so pretty. I love the pillows with the pom pom trim =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! The color scheme of fun bright colors with neutral walls and the vintage accent pieces is great. That chair is awesome. Did you buy it that way or was reupholstered? The bathrooms looks so much better too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your daughter's room is just beautiful, Andrea! She must be in love with it. And you have so few changes to make as she gets older. I love the duvet cover, it pulls the whole color scheme together. The bathroom is so pretty, too! You did an awesome job! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great transformation! I love the stool and the addition to the bed! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know how I missed this yesterday. Your daughter's room is so pretty and quite the getaway from her brothers I'm sure. I'll have to catch up on your previous posts on this room because I love the bed and pillows too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Andrea, you did a beautiful job with your daughter's room! Fun colors, lots of great detail with the pillows, the pretty pink knobs on the dresser, your lovely artwork and wreath...it's all put together perfectly. That green duvet was a meant to be! I'd love that room for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty, Andrea. I love all the details..the artwork, the stool and chair, the ikea items (I keep wishing we had Ikea close by. It sounds like a perfect escape for more than just your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh it's so darling. I love the chair in the corner! It looks totally comfy but very stylish too... great job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Makes me want to be a young girl again. Actually there are lots of things that make me want to be a young girl again, like being able to touch touch my toes.....

    ~Bliss~ stopping over to say hi from the *tribe*

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is truly amazing! You've done an A-MAZ-ING job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this space! So many great touches. Love the chandelier and the bedding and I'm TOTALLY swooooning over that chippy stool. Gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Found you on Emily Clark this morning! I love this room. The blue and pink, and especially the green! So bright and cheerful, yet cozy and soothing at the same time. Love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Found you on Emily Clark too. What a lovely makeover!!! I'm especially excited that you did it on a reasonable budget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Where did you get the chandelier? I've been looking for a good sized white one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Andrea! This could be my dream bedroom! Seriously, everything is perfect! I found you through http://westermanfam.blogspot.pt/ and I am in love with your blog! All the rooms looks fantastic! Like "Anynymous", on previous comment, I am also looking for a chandeelier like yours! If you could help me finding a place to get one similar I'd appreciate :) Thank you so much! Keep blogging everything because you inspire me <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh that is just the most perfect girl's room! If I had that room as a kid, I would never leave the house! I love all the happy colors!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!