Home about ourhome projects services

6.06.2012

SUMMER SLACKER

I think that will be my new nickname for the next few months.  
I have such good intentions of blogging often this summer, but something, okay three somethings, 
tell me that just might not happen.  Therefore, I have decided to just go with the flow for now.  

This week, the flow involves football camp, baseball games, 
baseball practice, gymnastics, swim team practice and teeter tots camp.  

I know there are so many fabulous bloggers out there that can balance taking care of  kids, a full time job and blogging regularly.  I just don't happen to be one of them.  
There, I finally admitted it,  I CAN'T DO IT ALL!  Wow, it sure felt good to get that off my chest.

What I can do, however, is share a recently completed project with you.  
The plan started out like this.....

My client was awesome to work with and she became quite the decorating fanatic 
during the whole process.  She went on to tackle some pretty fantastic DIY projects on her own.

Just to refresh your memory, here is what the space looked like before....


And here it is now....


This is one of the DIY projects my client took on.  It turned out fabulously. 


She also made this... 


We found an old dresser on Craigslist, she painted it, removed the bottom drawers 
and turned it into a great storage piece for her family room.


We had this large lumbar pillow made for her chocolate brown sofa from Crate and Barrel.


We styled her updated bookcases with thrift store finds. 


And we sprinkled in a few of her pieces of artwork and family photos.


All of the changes we made very fairly simple and I think the room turned out great.  
Such a fresh, inviting space, if I do say so myself! 


If you are interested in having me assist you in transforming a room in your home, 
or just simply want a little decorating advice, you can email me here for details. 

I'll try to keep my summer slacking to a minimum.  I hope everyone's summer is off to a great start!

12 comments:

  1. That turned out fabulously! Love the color combos! I will be joining you as a summer slacker, I only have so many summers with my kids. On a side note, Haven will be here in two weeks! ACK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. turned out great! I'm right there with ya - summer is overwhelming...besides the weather is nice and I don't want to sit in front of the computer anyway. Don't worry most people slack off this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup...I'm right with ya on the Summer slacking and my Summer hasn't officially started yet as my kids are in school until 6/12!!! I think for me it's the end of the school year that does me in and forces me into slack-mode.
    Great project results for this room! There is nothing more rewarding than having a client get bitten by the "decorating bug."
    Slack away girl, enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week we had nothing to do but lounge around but next week soccer camp starts so it'll be crazy town! Slacking is what summer is for! I have so many unfinished projects lying around but all I want to do is go to the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you all on the whole summer slacking thing. Even when it's not summer I have a hard time balancing blogging, child-rearing and the every day things in between.

    Your client's room turned out beautifully. I could very easily see myself in a similar space. Great job!

    Enjoy every moment of your summer and the slacking that goes along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel myself slacking and summer has barely started!! The room turned out fantastic!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. my favorite part is the backing in the bookcases! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be summer slacking right along with you!

    Love the back of that bookcase! Glad to see her doing some fab DIY projects too!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you, just going with the flow, enjoying the "now". Love the transformation, I'm sure you client is very happy!

    xo
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need a break - I think it's a good thing. And I think your client must be thrilled with the new look - you did a great job with the shelves (styling is tough!) and I love that long lumbar pillow that you did for the sofa. Looks like a great family room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No mom is a slacker when they choose to meet the needs of their family!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great Andrea...... some really great projects you ladies tackled! Don't feel bad about enjoying your summer.... I promise the computer will be there when you come back.... but you can't recapture the fun summer days with the kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!